Friday, January 20, 2012

SNOW!

Yes, its true. I live in Chicago, have my whole life, but the city still freaks out every time at the mention of... SNOW! Each year we know there will be multiple snowstorms, (because hey, we live in the midwest, what do we expect to happen every winter??) but the novelty of it never wears off. Today, is one of those days. Weather man says, over 12 hours of snow will bring us 8 inches. Now lets be honest, many times, the weather men are not 100 percent accurate... but so far, he is right on track. 

I had told a friend I would come back to the suburbs tonight to meet for dinner and probably a few drinks. I had heard the stories of snow last night on the news, but figured I would just play it by ear. Around 11am this morning, it started to fall. I figured I should get my things ready and start the drive home, before it got worse.

Now, this may not be as bad as last years 'Snowmageddon,' but it still makes the weary driver in every one of us come out, even in me. Yes, I have been known to not be the best driver. Maybe I have a bit of road-rage every time i drive sometimes, but who doesn't? Well, today was an exception. 



Now driving in the snow, if you have never done it before, is sure an experience. You've got the people who think their SUV is invincible driving 80, weaving in and out of traffic thinking they rule the road. Then, you've got the scardy cats. Yes, I know it sounds mean. But they're so scared of some snow, they forget there are other people on the road too and drive like they have no where to be fast. Let me tell ya, its just not a fun experience. Luckily, I got to leave at a time where there is not much traffic, and also the snow was just beginning so there was not much pile up. 

Thankfully I made it safe, and now here I sit in my parents living room, watching the snow fall with my charlie brown coffee cup and cinnamon sugar pita chips from Trader Joes. If you have a Traders by you, GO GET THESE. I dare you to not eat the whole bag in one day. 

As for my plans tonight, they probably wont happen. But knowing that its a Friday, the start of a weekend, and I am home safe snuggled under this huge down blanket (its freezing in here) makes it ok. 

Ill leave you with a few pictures from my parents house. I am not the best photographer, and I wish I knew a way to make the camera show the little white flakes instead of whatever is in the background. But, you get the picture right? 



heidilauren

No comments:

Post a Comment