Wednesday, January 25, 2012

yummy eats

So, I have been trying to clean up my diet lately. I have always have a 'healthy eating' mindset, but living with my parents, it was always just easier to eat what they had, instead of going to the store myself (like i probably should have). Also, I joined pinterest, and wow.... they have some amazing ideas on there! I have found some great blogs and ideas on good food that is easy and healthy. So here I am going to compile some foods that I can keep easily on hand to help me when i'm in a crunch, and maybe some of these ideas will inspire you too! ps- I have been a vegetarian for a bit over two years now, so thats why none of these recipes are including meat :) 

I have actually been starting off my day using this recipe for breakfast each morning. I used to be obsessed with having Honey Bunches of Oats each morning..but quinoa is so full of protein and tastes great in the mornings. This is a recipe that you can switch up based on what you have in your fridge each morning. I have been loving it! 
----
Also, quinoa can be used for a side dish or main dish, there are hundreds of great recipes online for tasty dishes, and again, they're perfect for using up any left over veggies you have in the fridge. Here is one that I plan on using soon.
 ----
This is something that I made about a month ago, and fell in love with! It is a vegan Vegetable Chowder recipe, while I am not vegan, the recipe just looked too yummy to pass up. This is a perfect dinner to make during those cold winter nights. And even for me, a beginner at this whole cooking thing, it was pretty easy!
----
Here is something I have been hesitant to give a try, but really want to! Baked kale chips. I have been playing around with kale for the past couple months, since I learned how amazingly healthy it is for you. And now im telling myself I WILL try this recipe, sooner rather than later. I mean, really, how bad could it be? :/
----
Now this just looks amazing and I could eat it every day of the week! Tomato Basil Mozzerella Salad... yum!!
----
And now for dessert, how amazing does this look?!? Brownie and Berries Dessert Pizza. Now this may not be super healthy, but at least there is some fruit involved, and its also gluten free! I have been trying to cut back on the gluten to see if I see any improvements in my body and energy level, but it seems VERY hard to cut it out all together! 
----
Well, I hope some of these ideas will be useful to you... let me know if you have tried any of them, anything similar, or if you have any other ideas for me!! I love food, but I also love eating things that will improve my health, give me more energy, and make me feel good about what im putting into my body! 

heidilauren

No comments:

Post a Comment